Are you one of those who thinks the tension nerve is already part of their daily emotions? Watch out! The consequences of stress impact on your mood and your health, so it is important to consider relaxing a few seconds a day.
According to specialists, when the person perceives a threat or feels pressured, hypothalamus initiates an alarm system in the body through the nervous system and hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.
The adrenaline increases heart rate, blood pressure and increases the power supply, while the cortisol favors the production of blood glucose, alter immune responses, digestive system, reproductive and growth processes.
Therefore, frequent exposure to stress causes physical damage to the body, which depletes the quality of life of people such as a headache, dry skin, nervous tic, as well as …
- Obesity and overweight: Being under constant stress, the person does not limit the intake of foods high in calories, as it seeks to meet their emotional needs.
- Hair loss: This is one of the frequent consequences of stress, as it is presented by weakening hair follicles or anxiety to pull hair to deal with negative feelings.
- Depression: Stressful situations increase the risk of suffering from this disease. The problems to face the tension generate physical wear, bad mood, and feelings of sadness.
- Reduction of sexual desire: High production of cortisol reduces the generation of the hormones that feed the libido.
- Irregular Menstruation: The stress chronic damages the body’s hormonal balance, which leads to delays or absence of menstrual flow. Even some studies say that women with stressful jobs are 50% more likely to have short periods.
- Acne: High levels of cortisol that are generated by the stress increase production of oil or body fat, which contributes to the appearance of pimples.
- Ulcers: The stress alters the digestive system in people and increases the production of stomach acid, which favors the development of ulcers, indigestion, and discomfort.
- Insomnia: This is a frequent consequence of stress and is generated by the alteration of the nervous system, which makes it difficult to concentrate, generates irritability and lack of motivation.
- Decreased fertility: Recent studies reveal that women with high levels of the enzyme called alpha-amylase have more difficulty getting pregnant.
- Heart disease: According to the Medical Center Columbia University, increased cardiac risk by stress equivalent to smoking five cigarettes per day, as the voltage increases the level of hormones in the blood and accelerates blood pressure.
It is important that you protect your body and mind from the consequences of stress through identifying what generates tension. Therefore, you can consume L-DOPA, a natural supplement to reduce cortisol level and help you to relax. Moreover, you should as well as practice some methods that help you to control it physically and emotionally. And you, how do you reduce the stress of the day?